The run up to your wedding can feel like a whirlwind and a little chaotic. I hate to say it, but it’s best to be prepared and organised to keep your wedding day being as stress-free as possible.
To help, here is a list of the five most important things you need to remember on your wedding day.
- Your outfit! Whether it’s a dress or a suit, what you are wearing is (probably) the most important item to remember and it’s not just a single item. Along with the dress, you will need the shoes and the accessories you have chosen – a veil, jewellery etc. A belt, tie and cuff links usually go along with a suit, so they they also need to be at the top of the to do list!
- The wedding rings! Even though you can legally exchange vows without rings present, you do not want that awkward moment searching for the rings. Designate the ring bearer role before the day, then that’s their job to make sure the rings make it to the ceremony!
- Speeches! Although you may know what you’re going to say off the top of your head, having something to refer to is always a good idea. Minds go blank, a little alcohol may be consumed… so it’s a good idea to have it down on paper, just in case you need it.
- Itinerary! Your wedding planner will have your order of the day figured out but having your itinerary to hand will smooth out any bumps or large gaps that occur on the day.
- Your wedding overnight bag! Most couples don’t go back to their homes the night of their wedding and will stay either at the venue or a different hotel, so make sure you have your overnight bag! This may include clothes for the next day, make up remover and wedding night attire…